- Students are allowed 2 college visits per year.
- Students need to bring back a form from the college visited to have that day counted EC (extracurricular) and not as an absence.
House Bill 3 Requirement for Graduation: NEW!
In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:
• Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
• Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA); or
• Submit a signed opt-out form (English version, Spanish Version)
Step 1: Create an FSA ID: Both the student and the parent needs an FSA ID. Get started here: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
For more information about this HB 3 requirement, please visit Texas Education Agency's website at https://tea.texas.gov/academics/college-career-and-military-prep/financial-aid-requirement
For more information on FAFSA, please visit https://studentaid.gov/
For more information about TAFSA, visit http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/DocID/pdf/12712.pdf
Counselor's Corner Forms, Sites & Documents
TYPES OF FEDERAL STUDENT AID