Counselor's Corner

Counselor: Kay Ribble

Phone: (254) 259 - 2091 Ext. 1221

College Visits

  • Students are allowed 2 college visits per year.
  • Students need to bring back a form from the college visited to have that day counted EC (extracurricular) and not as an absence.

HB 3

House Bill 3 Requirement for Graduation: NEW!

In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:  
Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA); or
Submit a signed opt-out form (English version, Spanish Version)


Step 1: Create an FSA ID: Both the student and the parent needs an FSA ID. Get started here: 

For more information about this HB 3 requirement, please visit Texas Education Agency's website at

For more information on FAFSA, please visit

For more information about TAFSA, visit